So despite my lack of fun last night, February has so far been a good month:
- I signed up for FebFast and I chose no alcohol and no sugar (well – you’re allowed about 5 teaspoons per day, which is not a lot) – after a rocky start I’ve been good all week. And I’ve raised $290 so far, with a goal of $400.
- I decluttered some stuff in my room
- I put together a gift for a friend that I should have given to her back in December
- I started Michelle Bridges 12WBT as a way to keep motivated in my healthy eating and regular exercise goals – it’s taking me longer than I thought to get in the right head space, and I still haven’t had a chance to do my fitness test, so that is on the to-do list for Saturday or Sunday. I was also meant to be working out 6 days per week but so far have only managed 1 out of 5 days. However I have a 75km bike ride planned for tomorrow which will go a long way towards making up for my slothfulness. I have been busy after work every day and I’m still working on being a morning person, so that’s my excuse. When I think about all the waiting around last night I am even more pissed off, as it was a missed gym opportunity. A lesson for me – I should prioritise my health over pleasure, especially when I am depending on someone else for the pleasure.
- I picked up a new Ceres Fair Food mixed fruit and veg box last night so I’m stocked up on fresh, locally sources and organic produce – I’m aiming to spend Sunday cooking meals for the week ahead, and exploring new recipes. I forgot to take photos, but I’ve included some from previous weeks. In this week’s box was bananas, grapes, white nectarines, Valencia oranges, carrots, tomatoes, potatoes, mixed lettuce, green beans, beetroot, zucchini, kale and sweetcorn, as well as a dozen free range eggs. A small box lasts me a fortnight and it’s fantastic quality and excellent value.